Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter 2013

Looks like we will be spending Easter at home this year. Ava is so sick. She woke up congested on Wednesday and has progressively gotten worse. I went ahead and took her to the E.R. today (Saturday) since the doctors offices are close. I couldn't stand to wait until Monday and I am so thankful I didn't wait! I am also SO thankful that we were in and out of there in less than an hour.

Ava has an ear infection, pink eye, and a viral infection. Bless her little heart! She is on antibiotics so hopefully she will start feeling better soon. And don't you think she looks cute considering how bad she feels?


This was her after she got up from her nap. She actually laid on the floor and watch the whole 20 minutes of Baby Einstein! That is a record.


I think we're set on the meds... 


It is killing me to miss church tomorrow but I know it's best to keep her home. The McMinimy's invited us over for lunch after church and an Easter egg hunt for all the kids. I HATE that we will have to miss it. We have gotten together with the McMinimy's and a few other families for almost every holiday since we have lived in Germany and this will be the last holiday before we move back to the states. They have been such a blessing to us and we are truly going to miss them SO much!

On another note... thankfully, Ava's Easter dress doesn't have bunnies or any other Easter theme on it so she can still wear her dress this spring. (Oh, the things I worry about...) :)

Happy Easter everyone!

HE IS RISEN!!!


A little story that I want to document so I will remember it..

Bryce is only home for dinner about twice a week. He works late the rest of the week. When he is home for dinner, we all sit around the table to eat and always pray before we dig in. We encourage Ava to hold our hands and close her eyes. She gets a kick out of it. Well, a few nights ago, it was just me and her for dinner and as we sat down, I forgot to pray and just started eating. Ava didn't touch her plate. She looked at me and tried to get my attention. She grabbed my hand really tight and closed her eyes and started "praying" in her own little language. It was the SWEETEST thing I have ever seen. I am so thankful that she likes to pray and helps her mom out on nights that she forgets! ;) Oh, and she LOVES to say Amen. So sweet.







1 comment:

Bethany Ruby said...

Such a sweet little girl :)