Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas 2011

We had a laid back Christmas this year. We spent most of the day at home as a family. Ava woke up around 8am and nursed then we got up to open presents.

This is from my phone so the quality is bad


Christmas was fun this year with Ava. We didn't go all out and get her a bunch of gifts since she is only 2 months old and wouldn't have a clue what was going on. It would be silly to wrap a bunch of presents and open them myself and Ava would be clueless the whole time. Ha! We did fill her stocking with some things that she needed like paci wipes, socks, and a car seat toy and bath toy.



I got Bryce some 5 finger shoes , socks, and two flashlights. He got me a camera lens, camera case, and a Nutcracker! 


Isn't she just the cutest thing ever?




After we opened gifts, we made a big breakfast then got ready to head up to the hospital. A friend of mine had her baby a few days before Christmas and she was still in the hospital so we went to visit them.   Baby Charleston Gus seemed so tiny compared to Ava. He weighed a little more than Ava when she was born. Its hard to believe that Ava was that small. And it was only 2 months ago!! Time has gone way to fast. 




Christmas night, we made dinner which consisted of turkey and dressing! I have never made my own turkey and dressing before so I was concerned as to how it would turn out. Surprisingly, it turned out amazing!! I was really impressed! Bryce made the turkey on the grill and I made the dressing. Yum! It was so good. It was the most tender turkey I have ever had. 


We got to skype our families that night and it was really great to see everyone. This time of year makes it really hard to be away from family but only a couple more weeks till we get to go home for a whole month!! 

1 comment:

Andrea @ The Dawley Fam said...

Her little Christmas dress is adorable! Little girls are the best! I don't have a boy to compare it to, but I think I could have 100 girls!